Updated April 2017.
At Wall Street English, we know that you care how your personal information is used and we appreciate that you trust us to do that carefully and sensibly.
What information does Wall Street English collect about me?
Personal information that we collect may include your name, contact details (phone numbers, email address and addresses), your date of birth, job, course information, your personal interests, credit card or billing information, shopping selections and data about the pages you visit and your other activity on our site, as well as any other personal information relating to you that you supply to us.
Some of our sites may also collect other information that you supply to us, such as information relating to your education, skills or job experience, where relevant in the context of the site or the services provided through the site. Except where stated otherwise on the site at the time such personal information is submitted, it is only processed for the purposes for which you have submitted it to us.
How does Wall Street English collect my personal information?
We collect your information in two ways:
1. Personal information you choose to disclose. You may, for example, provide us with your information when you post something on our site, when you register for any features on our site that require registration, when you contact us (online or offline) or when you order goods or services from us.
In a separate automatic operation the web server will collect your IP address and browser type and details of the website, application or email communication you came from before entering our site. This information is used to:
- work out how many times our site has been visited
- record which parts of our site have been visited so we can improve the content and layout of the site
- understand the effectiveness of our email communications.
We may from time to time supply this data to third parties in an anonymised form for uses in connection with our site.
What will Wall Street English do with my personal information?
We and our group companies use your personal information for a variety of business purposes which are in our legitimate interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”) and/or compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). For example, we may use your personal information to:
- to provide you with the relevant services through our applicable site for Contractual reasons
- process your online purchases for Contractual reasons
- to inform you about and provide more information on products and services offered by us and our group companies for our Business Purposes or with your Consent
- invite you to participate in surveys, discussions and prize draws and ask for your views on our services via online surveys and discussion forums for our Business Purposes and with your Consent
- to improve the products and services offered to you for our Business Purposes
- for marketing for our Business Purposes and with your Consent
- statistical or analytical purposes for our Business Purposes
- detect, prevent or investigate security breaches or fraud for our Business Purposes and Legal Reasons
- otherwise to better meet the needs and preferences of our customers for our Business Purposes.
We will not allow unrelated third parties to use your personal information for marketing without your consent. Where we rely on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
We also use personal information to build marketing profiles, audit how our sites are used and to help with the strategic development of our sites. When doing so, we remove any direct identifiers.
Participation in surveys and discussion forums is entirely voluntary. You may unsubscribe from being contacted for these purposes at any time. Survey information will be used for market research with the aim of improving our services.
We will show your username on any content you submit or post on our sites (including discussions, bulletin boards and forums).
Email marketing and opt-out
We will not send you marketing emails if you have opted out of receiving them. Any marketing emails we send you will include an unsubscribe link at the end of the email.
Some Wall Street English sites also provide contact details you may use if you want to contact us by email, post or telephone in order to unsubscribe. In addition, some Wall Street English sites have a “My Account” page where you can choose whether or not to receive marketing communications from us.
How does Wall Street English keep my personal information safe?
We seek to protect the safety of all your personal information by implementing appropriate technical and organisational measures. For example, provided your browser accepts Secure Sockets Layer encryption, we seek to protect your payment information against unauthorised access through a secure server. Where we use third parties to process personal information, we require them to ensure the safety of your information. We use appropriate security measures on our own systems, but the internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted via the internet.
Any personal information that you voluntarily post on a public area of our site, such as a bulletin board or discussion forum, or an interactive area requiring registration and/or subscription, may be collected and used by others. Please be careful what personal information you disclose in this way. You understand that we cannot control the actions of other users.
Will Wall Street English share my personal information with anyone else?
We will never sell your personal information. We may disclose and share your personal information with:
- our group companies
- any entity which acquires any part of our business
- our service providers (including, for example, credit reference agencies and payment processors, distributors/agents of our products, suppliers who develop or host our sites)
- third-party search engines that may index user profile pages and usernames as part of the URL of the user profile page by default if required or permitted by law
- relevant third parties (such as your employer, your school, your internet service provider, law enforcement agencies) if we reasonably believe you may be in breach of the law (e.g. if you have posted defamatory content on our sites) or if required to do so in accordance with applicable law
- other third parties with your consent.
Will Wall Street English send my personal information outside of Europe?
What if I am under 18 years old?
You agree not to misuse any personal information available on our Site or to gather it or use robots or other automated scripts, codes or functionalities to do so.
Data Protection Officer
Wall Street English
Our “group companies” mean companies which are under common control with Wall Street English Education Limited by Wall Street English Plc, including without limitation Edexcel Limited (and its subsidiaries), Fronter AS (and its subsidiaries), Wall Street English Assessment & Information GmbH, Wall Street English Education Inc., Wall Street English College Limited, Wall Street English Education Deutschland GmbH, Wall Street English Education Schweiz AG, Wall Street English Educación S.A, Wall Street English Education France SAS, Wall Street English Education Benelux BV, Wall Street English Education Hellas SA, Wall Street English Italia SpA, Wall Street English Education Central Europe Sp Zoo, Wall Street English Education South Asia Ltd, Wall Street English Education Asia Ltd, Wall Street English Education Japan KK, Wall Street English Education Korea Ltd, Wall Street English Australia Group Pty Ltd, Wall Street English New Zealand Ltd, Wall Street English South Africa Pty Ltd, Longman Nigeria plc, Wall Street English Education de Mexico SA de CV, Wall Street English Education de Colombia Ltda, Wall Street English Education do Brazil Ltda.